OMG! I am super duper over tired. I did so many things today. You know, we will have a vacation soon so our house should be in order when we leave. My husband will come back here after 2 weeks and I want him to be relaxed with a clean and orderly home. Kasi di ba if you have a kid talaga at home, parang laging super gulo. I sometimes let the house be dirty because really, we need time to breath naman di ba? Kaya now super double time pag ligpit at pag empake. Hehe! Anyway, eventhough I am super busy with all these things, I always make sure to prepare good meals for my two loves. I love giving them that “wow” feeling when they see the table. Today, I cooked a very simple looking dish but goodness, matrabaho siya. It was easy to cook pero matagal lang ang preparation especially I have to squeeze in other things pa. So there… Napakwento na naman ako. Let’s get cooking!
Here are the ingredients:
- A couple of pieces of Drumsticks. Any part of chicken will do but since mas appetizing for kids and kids-at-heart ang drumstick, I used that.
- Dried Rosemary, about a tablespoonful
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking Oil
For the breading:
- Seasoned flour (it means lang that you season your flour with salt and pepper)
- 2 beaten eggs
- Bread crumbs with a dash of dried parsley
* Rub your drumsticks with dried rosemary with salt and pepper. Let it sit for an hour or so. But mine, since Lia’s been saying that she wants fried chicken na, I just marinate mine for 30 minutes.
* Let the chicken rest until they are no longer hot. Since it’s winter here in Shanghai, mine got cold agad. Pag malamig na then they are ready for the next step.
* Dredge chicken in flour, dip in beaten egg then cover with bread crumbs. Deep fry until golden brown. Just a tip: fry them on medium heat as the bread crumbs really burn easily. Well actually, hindi deep fried yung ginawa ko so I have to turn them from time to time.
* Serve with steamed veggies or mashed potato on the side and enjoy!
This is a great recipe for school baon or birthdays! Lia super loved this and ate 2 drumsticks in one seating. Hehe! I know, I know… Matakaw sya talaga. But she finished her veggies din so I was super happy kahit I was tired. Try this next time and let me know how it worked for you.